Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Celebration for the showbiz's spiritual protector

To my knowledge, we have a kind of spiritual protector in every profession, not every, but mostly I guess. From the agriculture, the forestry, the fishery... to the handicraft, the show business. This's a very strong belief that everyone working in that area has to respect, to celebrate in a certain day.

          From left to right: three directors - Tat My Loan, Tuan Le and Nguyen Nhat Ly. 

Yesterday was a celebration day (cúng Tổ) for the spiritual protector in the show business. I was invited for the first time. Talking about the current picture of show business in Vietnam would take days or even months and the picture would look like exactly a live drama in the stage: stories with good laugh, bad laugh, stories with tears...and a series of scandalous tales. I was also told that the legendary Protector of the Stage (or showbiz) was a beggar, that's why the "original" beggar never begs the artists and the artists are not allowed to give to the beggars. I don't know how many truth in this legend but it's a good thing to have a legend!

         Tuan Le is a famous acrobatic artist from Germany, he used to perform for Cirque du Soleil.

Why I was invited? Long in the past due to my job's nature I have some liaisons with some people in this show industry that i still keep until now. We became good friends, even though we don't have any business together, but we probably share the same dream, the same desire for the better future of the life in the stage in Vietnam. Very interesting to know them, to know the other side of their lives, the back side of the flashy stage.

           Tat My Loan is probably praying for the success for their future show by end of this year. 

2013 was a tough year for Tat My Loan, he was famous with the old show "Tuoi Than Tien" in the past, he tried to revive that show after nearly 20-year interruption, but he failed. There is a lot of reasons  behind that sad story...he probably understood very well, so let's hope for the better in his future career.

         Directors are checking the trailer that Tat My Loan developed for the future show "My village" 

Recently Tuan Le and Nguyen Nhat Ly are responsible for the circus "À Ố show" in Saigon, but both are working hard to bring back the show "My village" to Vietnam, they plan to launch it by this November or before the New Year Eve. "My village" or "Mon village" was quite familiar with the European audience as it has been in tour for almost 4 years around the Europe. And this will be the very first time to perform in front of Vietnamese audience. Probably Hanoi first then Saigon.


"Cúng Tổ" is a simple celebration where the masters are praying for the best in their profession. It's like a family gathering where the directors sitting together with the whole team for a good cheer and for the best year ahead. 

Without a permission from Tat My Loan, but I'm sure he's happy to allow me to share with you the first trailer of the coming-soon show "My village".The video has been shot in Spain in 2010. I haven't seen the show yet, but it looks very very promising to me. 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...