Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Riding a bicycle across Phong Nha...

Who follow my blog, still probably remember last April I came back from my lifetime adventure in Son Doong cave...That was simply amazing, I have no words to describe, and no any photos or video could tell you what I really saw or felt in there. I'd love to recommend anyone who could go, just go. It's worth much more than whatever you can imagine!

Today I just share some photos I took before heading to Son Doong. It was in Phong Nha Ke Bang, 40 km away from Đồng Hới. I was there in mid April, the weather was perfect but a week later, after the caving expedition, I felt very hot, probably because I still obsessed with the cool air in the cave!

              This photo was taken right after I arrived to Phong Nha, standing in Oxalis office. 

            Next day we rode bicycle around Phong Nha, photo taken during the lunch at the Farmstay .

                Along the riding road... 

               Our cycling team in front of the sign "Phong Nha Ke Bang - The World Heritage"

                The farmer continued smiling whenever someone in our team about to take photo... 

                Green velvet carpet, just imagine in the harvest - all turn into a beautiful golden field.

               Dry season, during the rainy months, the water level could be up over the house ...

             most houses in this rural area were naked, no painted...due to the flood every year! 

               I love this scenery : mountains after mountains. How to get a good shot of it?          

               The road in the countryside and the fence to border the corn field...

              The midday bath...              

             It was a hot day I took this photo from far but my teammate got a better shot next to buffalo!

             I did enjoy riding but another friend Sharika behind - struggling with the bike...

             When we crossed Son river with our bikes...

              here we are on the tiny ferry to continue our riding to our lunch place...

              our lunch - the best roasted chicken on the fan cover (!?) It was super yummy! 

            The sunset, I couldn't wait until the sun sat lower, the daylight fading more...rush back to hotel

                Roasted pork, chicken...popular street food in this touristic one-street town ... 

              and here you go...the best spit-roast pork...in the world! 

           The triple selfie : Luke Ford & his friend, both from Oxalis with Sharika 

                Waiting for the boat to the morning market across the Son river 

           Farm stay where we had a best roast chicken in the world! The water bags for what? 

              Another bath with buffalo after the best roasted chicken... 

           The kids were in the above photo, but we were here on the deeper side! (Photo by David Padilla) 

            The end of the ride...a day long, it was hot, it was a big fun, it was...memorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...