Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

L'usine - a good cafe place with the shop-in-shop concept

The coffee-shop style in Saigon is something really incredible! Probably nowhere in the world has that much to offer like here. Everywhere - from right on the street, very cheap one, to those huge places, good and popular for the majority…up to the real classy for young trendsetters.
Whatever taste you have, you definitely find something suitable, I guess. Before people just need a cup of black coffee to start a working day…but now having a coffee at a nice place could be a new lifestyle, a true pleasure.

            A corner at L'usine - a nice place to have coffee and light food in Saigon. 

Not long ago I thought it would be a good idea to have a post about top 10 most beautiful coffee spots in Saigon. But the problem was whenever I suggest some place, my friends always say "No, no...not good, another place is better"…it makes me still working on the list now! But what does it mean "beautiful" here ? Decor? Food & beverage? Service? Or all of them. To me - all of them!

                I still didn't get a habit to kill time in the coffee shop...

To be honest, I don't have a habit to spend hours and hours in the coffee shop with my laptop or iPad as many people do these days. Even now I have more time, not busy with business, I'm still reluctantly doing that. So it would take time for me to finish the list of top 10 coffee places! Anyway the first place in my list could be "L'usine" - a nice place with shop-in-shop concept.

               The shop downstairs…I need to come back to check what they have here in sale. 

L'usine is one of quite few places where I like the details in their simple, rustic decor to match with the french name. I've been to the first L'usine some years ago in Đồng Khởi street, at that time I already liked the atmosphere, the space, especially the concept shop-in-shop : coffee place in a fashion atelier, but then due to certain reasons I never came back there until today…to their second L'usine in Lê Lợi boulevard.

               Seems quite many different things…from shirts, shoes, bags, backpacks…

            I came back to L'usine in Đồng Khởi…while waiting for friend, quick look at the shop… (*)

          and I found this football table (?!), it was a very popular game in my childhood…(*)

          and a nice painting of one of our late famous composers, i'm not his fan, but love his lyrics.(*)

Today the concept at L'usine remains the same, it's good that now they have a bigger space for shop downstairs, where they are selling many different & interesting things and a nice space for coffee upstairs.


               to those souvenirs, agendas or decor items...

               The stairs lead to the coffee space…

I went to L'usine with friend around 10AM. It's late for breakfast or coffee in Saigon but anyway we went there, I felt the freshness probably thanks to the cold weather outside, the quiet atmosphere, the charming simplicity in their decor. I love the huge table near to the balcony or by the window to the outside terrace.


                 A family gathering for the morning breakfast 

                 Around in the shop you find some creative decors, quite eye-catching... 

           I like the morning atmosphere, no crowd, no noise, no scream over the cell phone…


               The open air terrace with the view to Lê Lợi boulevard 


                The menu offers a variety of different drinks, fruit juices, sandwiches...


                 My breakfast was a sandwich with ham and cheese - one of my favourites and...


                 my always hot latte...

        the staff was happy to allow me to take photos of their freshly cupcakes - right from the kitchen...

                so I would love to give it to all of you - the sweet & fresh taste of the Christmas! 

Vietnamese celebrated the Christmas last night but the most of majority is today so I'd love to wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, thank you for reading my blog over a year and hope you will come back to check my new posts in the New 2014!

----------------
L'usine Lê Lơi - 70B Le Loi boulevard, Saigon 
(*) updated photos taken in L'usine Dong Khoi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...