Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Year later - living in the countryside - Part 2

Year ago I went to my friend's dacha ( I love this Russian word, i.e a holiday home in the countryside). His dacha located in a huge area, next to the sea-like lake...If last year I was very much surprised of what has been done here in my friend's place, it was just a magic to turn an abandoned "jungle"of cashew nut trees into a farm. Last year we spent two nights in a tiny old house, but we did enjoy fishing, exploring the forest, the mango farm in the neighbourhood. Today when I come back, it's not a surprise, it's something much stronger, like a speechless, indescribable impression because I'm visiting a paradise...

                   This time I stayed in a villa with a nice view of the lake...  
   
Last time when I was here, he showed me the place where he was intend to build the villa. I couldn't say anything because I simply couldn't imagine how could he do, it was not a flat, clean land. It was very very rough surface, with a lot of trees...but now when seeing the villa, the rooftop terrace, the front yard and the view...I wonder how much he spent - not only financially but also physically. Without the passion, the hard works, it surely never became what I see today.

               The rooftop terrace with a magnificent view...

             I'm taking this picture while standing just in front of my friend's house...  

               The beautiful sunset is right in front of our terrace... 

The house is in white: white door, white window, white wall, while floor...the White House! And I love the violet flowers blooming early in the morning around the house. Did you notice the reflection of the sky, the lake in the glass window?


If you checked my previous post "Living in the countryside", you will see how much my friend loves to keep the chicken. He loves to see them running around in the garden, he loves to have the eggs incubated, bring them to hatching...the chicken house is still there, but smaller now as some space given to the new garden, new alleys. My friend also got a new collection of beautiful Vietnamese chickens from Tân Châu province in Mekong Delta: gorgeous feather, the lovely tail...

                  Famous Vietnamese chicken breed from Tân Châu province (Mekong Delta). 

                  Although there is a big chicken house but some of them prefer the freedom... 

             The front yard with a lake view and small road leads to the boat house...


               Morning we explored by canoe some corners in the neighbour hood...  

             Afternoon we went to fishing with rods, but excited to wait for the midnight action...

            Preparation for the night fishing, we set the net at 5:00 PM and collect it at midnight...

               At first I thought it's easy to set the fishing net, but better leave it to the professional...  

             We collected the fishing net almost at midnight...we caught not only fish, but branches... 

               At least we got around 3 kg of different kinds and sizes of fishes... 

It's not fair if I won't share how much we enjoyed eating at my friend's place, his wife is a wonderful cook, she tried to create some delicious dishes like deep-fried cuttlefish cake that we all loved very much. We had beef noodles in Northern style in the morning for breakfast, a set dinner of 4 dishes...

                     The deep-fried cuttle fish cake....very tasty

                 and the familiar home cook meal - simmered seasoned pork rib...

             the veggies, right from the garden, stirred with beef  and the simple mushroom soup 

              and my favourite deep-fried tofu seasoned with lemon grass and sea salt

 and our little man - Cu Mút, now one year older, already speaks better French...but also got a new nickname - Mr Milut - converted of Mút Lì (stubborn Mút). He has no idea how to swim, but loved to  jump into the water in his life vest.
I shot this photo right after I also was "rescued" from the lake as I couldn't climb up back to the boat, despite several attempts, it was a quite scaring experience when I feel exhaustingly, the fear of not holding myself in the dark water invaded my mind...


I love to come back here, again and again, it would be a best place to enjoy a hard working day in the farm, garden...but at the same time the fresh air, the morning breeze, the gorgeous sunset right in front of you surely will blow away all the pressure, the boring routine daily life in Saigon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...