Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Glass noodles with duck (miến vịt)

Glass noodles with duck is another quite popular street food compared to the other glass noodles dishes.
I already shared with your guys about famous glass noodles with chicken in Ky Dong street, I did promise to post some other dishes with glass noodles ...but it took me almost half year to do that! Very sorry!

              Just wonder how many ducks are the victims per day! 

This glass noodles (or we call miến in Vietnamese) stall is in Nguyen Thien Thuat street, I passed by several times and keep talking to myself "let's go there some day"...but only now I have a chance to taste it!

              Glass noodles with duck (miến vịt), bamboo shot, blood cube...


 I ordered a bowl of glass noodles with a plate of duck's salad but here they still serve rice noodles with duck (bún măng vịt) or duck porridge (cháo vịt)!

          Salad (gỏi) with duck's internal organs liver, gizzard (mề), heart and intestine...

           Glass noodles or cellophane noodles are typically popular in North! 

Glass noodles or cellophane noodles is a typical dish from North, we can find more dishes with this kind of noodles in Hà Nội than in South!

         The duck's legs and duck's internal organs! 

Here, they serve quite good miến vịt, but the duck meat ifself to me is just ok, not special! The fish sauce with ginger is slightly too sweet, but the price is quite affordable!
Two big bowls of glass noodles, a quite large plate of salad with duck's liver, gizzard...costs only 90,000 VND, less than 5 USD!

If you want to try, here is the address!

21/8 Nguyễn Thiện Thuật, district 3, HCMC!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I happened to know your blog, and I love it at the first time when I see the banner. I just go throught the few posts and can't stop reading it. Nice posts, nice pictures. Please keep up the good work.

    I miss my homeland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Thank you for reading my blog and your comment! I try my best to keep this blog, but from time to time ...feel a bit lazy..as these days! But will continue posting definitely! Cheers

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...