Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Noodles with pig's tail (hủ tiếu đuôi heo)

I have a gym mate. He's a big eater.
After morning exercise from time to time we go out together.
He skip breakfast so prefer having an early lunch!
He know many places. Good ones.
One day.
Follow his advise I go to one noodles stall not far from our gym on Vo Van Tan street.
The stall is quiet. Only one or two tables occupied.
I order dried noodle with pig's tail!  


Actually it's a mixture between yellow and white noodle.
I confused a bit in the beginning. I thought it's a ox's tail, because I know Korean love ox's tail very much. But in fact it's a pig's tail! It's served in the soup. Dipping sauce is a lightly sweet fish sauce.


The noodle itself is fine. Not very special.
But I never tried pig's tail in my life. So I'm curious!
It's chewy and probably like favorite pork's leg that we have with noodles in Huế style (bún bò Huế) or Vietnamese udon (bánh canh giò heo).
It's good, to me, as it's not that big as pork's leg and easy makes you bored!
Only one bite size!  


Each pig has only one tail, so I don't think here they have enough tails to serve throughout the day.
So better come in the morning, if you want to try!
It's good! And it costs you only 52,000 VND! 



Where to try noodle with pig's tail ?
Triều Phong, 338 Võ Văn Tần, dist.3, HCMC  
Tel: 3839 4695 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...