Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

The pick of the month! (món của tháng!)

What I'm going to share with you - may not be considered as street food in Sài gòn, but it could be found somewhere in Central area, exactly where ? I'm probably not a right person to advise, but I feel a rush to share this special wrap&roll dish with you!
I got from friend, after his comeback from holiday in his hometown, a bunch of big rice paper with sesame. "Ok, what I can do with this one?" I asked him. He said "You dip it into water, when rice paper becomes soft, you wrap with SPRING ROLL, BOILED EGG, COOKED PORK, VEGGIES, then roll and dip into a fish sauce mixed with ground peanut. All sounds quite new to me! I said "OK, will do!"
Special wrap & roll dish with sesame rice paper which becomes soft, chewy after a dip in water!

Here is the roll! 
 Last week we have a family gathering for my dad's death anniversary, I follow my friend's recipe, to my surprise all my relatives love this special wrap&roll ! Especially with special Quang Ngai style spring roll (tiny and very crispy!), you imagine, soft, chewy from the outside, crispy, very tasty (esp.  thanks to boiled egg!) from the inside! I really love the idea to wrap with spring roll and boiled egg!

Sesame rice paper 
Fish sauce with peanut



About the fish sauce, we mix with ground peanut, it makes the sauce thicker and tastier! But the only thing when we prepare the fish sauce, we usually put some lemon juice, but another friend said you better not, with this special rice paper! Anyway i feel good with or without lemon juice!

And today afternoon, again with some of closed friends, I treat them again with this dish, and again all love it! Even I has been recommended to post this dish to this blog... that's why I'm writing now to you! Let's vote this new dish as a pick of February!

3 comments:

  1. look yummy! where the rice paper comes from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, from Lam Dong, very good after you dip it in water, it becomes soft, chewy, sesame taste!
    Thanks for your nice comment! Pls do check my blog if possible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...