Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dumpling noodles in Sài Gòn

I used to bake.
Sometime it was good!
Sometime it was just a disaster! I told to myself...learning process! No problem!
But. I'm quite good at making certain cakes. Banana cake is one of them!

I intended to have a post with only creative photos showing this preparation process.
I and my photographer friend spent almost a hard half-working day!
Finally we got some photos! But my intention is on hold due to my Photoshop skill!

Anyway today not about photos, but about our lunch after that photo session!
We went to Tân Tòng Lợi for dumpling noodles (mỳ sủi cảo).



 Dumpling! Sủi cảo!
 Even though living in China town, but I have no idea where in Sài gòn serve the best dumpling!
 Later I learn that Hà Tôn Quyền, a small street in China town is full of dumpling stalls.

Talking about sủi cảo I remember when I and my colleagues were in Xian (China) with our dealers,
we had a dumpling lunch. Big lunch!

 Oh dear! I still can't imagine how many kinds of dumplings they have in China!
 The restaurant kept serving and serving.
 First, different fillings. Then same fillings but in different shapes!
 It was very good in the beginning but ended with bore!



 Dumpling at Tân Tòng Lợi was recommended by an old friend!
 Simply filled with shrimp. Served with soups, noodles! Clean soup. Good noodles!
 Be careful as the dumpling can easily slip through your chopsticks! Very smooth!  

 You can order fried dumpling as well!

I finished this review month ago, but hold it until now as I feel it's not fair if I didn't check out the popular dumpling place on Hà Tôn Quyền street, district 11!

And tonight I did it with friend!
Dozen of dumpling noodle stalls on this small street, but not very crowded, some totally empty!
Probably Monday? Among them - most crowded is Ngọc Ý!

My friend seems prefer dumpling here than in Tân Tòng Lợi. I like it too! Except the metallic bowl!
The soup is tasty, the dumpling is filled with shrimp and meat, while Tân Tòng Lợi - only shrimp!

Here you go - the dumpling noodles from Ngoc Ý! 30,000 VND per bowl!
According to many foodies in Sài gòn - one of the best stalls on this street!



Dumpling with char siu pork!  



Where to have dumpling noodles ? 

Ngọc Ý - 187-189 Hà Tôn Quyền, dist 11, HCMC 

Tân Tòng Lợi - 311 Võ Văn Tần, dist 3., HCMC 













1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found this web site we provide.Delicious Designer Cakes Delivered to Your Doorstep in Varanasi.Birthday cake in Varanasi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...